RECYCLING IS MANDATORY to use the Town of Busti Recycling Center. The cost is $110.00. The town does not provide for pickup of garbage.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
The recycling center and the TRANSFER STATION located on the Busti-Sugar Grove Road (by the Highway Garage) will be open as follows:
Tuesday: 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Thursday: 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Items that are accepted
- METALS: Metals including household and lawn and garden aluminum, provided that all non-metal has been removed.
- TIN/ALUMINUM CANS: Cleaned with all labels and plastic or cardboard removed.
- SOFT PLASTICS: Plastic marked #1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.. Containers (without caps). NOT ACCEPTED: Hard plastic items such as snow shovels, house siding, plastic toys 5 gallon buckets or plastic bags. Plastic bags can be recycled by using receptacles in grocery and department stores.
- NEWSPAPER , PAPER & MAGAZINES: Any clean paper; newspaper, catalogs, telephone books, junk mail, office paper, etc.
- CORRUGATED CARDBOARD: Clean, flattened, dry.
- CARDBOARD NOT ACCEPTED: Waxed, plastic coated, food-contaminated cardboard, paperboard, pizza boxes, brown paper bags, fiber egg cartons.
- GLASS: Clear and colored glass, with lids removed.
- GLASS NOT ACCEPTED: Window panes, light bulbs, porcelain, ovenware and china.
- TIRES: For $3.00 fee per tire, tires up to 19″ and have no rims attached.
- USED MOTOR OIL: A container is provided for disposal.
- BRUSH & YARD WASTE: Branches under 4″. Brush may be bagged, but dumped out of bag into receptacle.
- BATTERIES: Only vehicle batteries are accepted. Household batteries may be taken to a Household Hazardous Waste event.
- APPLIANCES: Clothes washers, dryers, ranges and dishwashers are accepted.
- APPLIANCES NOT ACCEPTED: Refrigerators, air conditioners and other appliances using Freon are not accepted in Busti, but disposal information is available by calling the Chautauqua County Landfill.
OTHER ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
Mattresses; box springs; chairs; sofas; carpet; drywall; construction or demolition debris; computers; televisions; electronic devices; power tools; telephones; paint; household chemicals; household batteries; untreated medical waste; radioactive materials, such as ionizing smoke detectors, pesticides; fluorescent bulbs, and mercury-containing devices. Some of these items can be disposed of at the Chautauqua County Household Hazardous Waste Days or the Falconer Transfer Station for a fee. Further information on proper disposal may also be attained by calling the Chautauqua County Landfill.
Click here for a printable application for Town of Busti Transfer Station form
PLEASE NOTE: SECOND STICKER IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR $25.00 BY SHOWING VEHICLE REGISTRATION AT THE TOWN OFFICE.
All GARBAGE MUST BE IN PLASTIC BAGS. THE MAXIMUM VOLUME OF GARBAGE EXCLUDING RECYCLABLES THAT CAN BE BROUGHT TO THE TRANSFER STATION ON ANY ONE DAY EQUALS: 4-GARBAGE BAGS
You must be logged in to post a comment.